A message for my fellow dog owners today.
- Not a dog person? This is a great email to forward to a friend.
It’s tick season, so make sure your dog is current on tick preventives.
Why it matters: Ticks can cause a variety of diseases in dogs.
🔬 Zoom in: Do regular tick checks on your dogs after hikes, visits to dog parks and outside playtime.
- 3 things when removing ticks:
👉 Use a pair of tweezers.
👉 Grab the tick as close to the skin as possible and pull straight up — don’t twist.
👉 Save the tick in a labeled plastic bag in the fridge.
- If your dog starts showing symptoms, this can help your vet identify the species and disease.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Our vet loves Bravecto as a preventative that protects for up to 12 weeks.
- Also … don’t miss out on some of these mornings or evenings with cooler weather and enjoy a walk with your dog! 😁
P.S. Finn would like you to know that he is not spoiled. Dad was not home, so Finn was keeping Dad’s spot on the bed warm for him.