(Links to this series below)
Beware the booby trap!
- Aka “roof payment schedule” or “roof surface endorsement.”
Why it matters: When I help homeowners who have this on their policy, they always say to me, “I didn’t know.”
🤷♂️ What is it?
- This is a policy endorsement that allows your insurance carrier to pay you LESS than REPLACEMENT COST for your roof.
- Even though you have a REPLACEMENT COST policy on your home.
😬 Reality check: Here’s the real gut punch of this endorsement.
- The LONGER you pay your premiums without filing a claim …
- The LESS you get from insurance to replace your roof.
🥊 The bottom line: You need a great insurance agent who will explain your coverages and help you manage your risks.
- I prefer insurance brokers who aren’t captive to one insurance carrier — but will find the best policy for you.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Review your policy to make sure you don’t have this endorsement.
- My friends at The Phoenix Insurance will gladly review your current policy with you —> email Jason to schedule a review.
The Insurance Process Series