Paying your deductible on a hail claim is like paying your copay at your doctor’s office.
Why it matters: For years roofers waived deductibles to compete for business.
- House Bill 2102 made this clear —> a contractor helping a homeowner avoid paying their deductible is committing insurance fraud.
📣 There’s good news! Once you cover your deductible, insurance picks up the tab for everything else.
- Upgrades and add-ons are extra of course. 😁
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Know your deductible! Make sure you know your deductible for hail and wind claims — often higher than other losses.
- If your deductible is higher than 1%, find out the cost to get down to 1% —> it’s often well worth it!
- Please, please, please … make sure you have full replacement cost for your roof — or replacement will be much costlier than you think.
🔦 Pro Spotlight
Jason Olson is an agent with The Phoenix Insurance who will match your goals and needs with the right policy and the right carrier.
Jason will review your current policy for free. Schedule a meeting here.