Hail season is here, which means —> get ready for the flood of roofers! 🤦♂️
Why it matters: You want to be informed, so you can make good decisions regarding your roof.
- You usually cannot see the damage to your shingles from the ground.
🖼️ The big picture: Damage is related to 2 things —> the SIZE of the HAIL and the AGE of your ROOF.
- Here’s a simple guide for reference:
🪙 Quarter size hail: Minimum size to damage a roof — usually a roof 15+ years old
🏌️ Golf ball size: Possible damage to 10+ year old roof
🎾 Tennis ball size: Likely damage to 5+ year old roof — possible damage to newer roofs
⚾ Baseball size: Almost certain damage to ALL roofs
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Don’t panic if your house gets hit with hail — most hail damage creates long term not short term problems.
- When in doubt, have a trained roofer check it out (more on this below)
- Unless you see significant damage, wait to file an insurance claim until after a roofer inspects it.
P.S. My primary service area is North Dallas/Richardson (with exceptions based on availability) and I’m happy to check your roof anytime. Need help in other areas? I have great relationships with quality roofers all over DFW and can make a handoff to a roofer I trust.