Home maintenance is ongoing and one critical area is your
Why it matters: Painting is first about maintenance, not appearance.
A quick story.
I was helping a neighbor with some roof repairs.
He asked if a roof leak was causing what looked like mildew on
I asked him the last time his house was painted.
That’s it then. His paint was tired.
🥊 Exterior paint is the moisture barrier for your siding.
- It eventually wears out and stops wicking away moisture.
Let’s hear some tips from painting pro, Andrey
- Painting exterior of your house every 5-10 years will help you save a lot of money on wood replacement and repair.
- The longer you wait on the preventative maintenance, the more expensive it becomes to remediate.
- Joints left unsealed will eventually lead to moisture accumulation and result in wood rot and damage.
- Good exterior painting projects starts with the prep.
- Power washing is a must to make sure the surface is clean for sound paint adhesion.
- Caulking every joint of the soffit, fascia and siding is a must to seal from water penetration.
- Applying 2 coats of paint is the best practice to ensure protection for years to come.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Do a visual inspection of all of your painted exterior surfaces.
- If you see mildew or if your paint has lost it’s luster, it might be time to paint.
- If it’s been more than 5 years, have your favorite painter take a look and either give you a thumbs up or an estimate.