Do you have gas?

Seriously, let’s talk about Carbon Monoxide (CO).

With the freezing temps coming our way, our furnaces and
fireplaces are about to get some heavy usage.

Staying warm is a priority.

But we need to make sure we stay safe.

CO is an odorless gas that is produced when fuel is burned.

Our gas appliances are designed with vents that move the CO up
and out of our homes.

Leaking or faulty chimneys and furnaces are the main cause of CO
build up.

Low concentrations of CO can cause fatigue and chest pain.

High concentrations lead to severe symptoms and can be fatal.

For your Smart Homeowner list

$ Buy a handheld Carbon Monoxide meter and test all areas of your home – focusing on areas near the gas appliances

$$ Buy an interlinked set of Smoke Carbon Monoxide detectors for all bedrooms

$$ Schedule your HVAC professional for seasonal maintenance



P.S. Need a trustworthy HVAC company? Reach out to Daniel at
Quigley Heating and Air Conditioning

Posted in
Scroll to Top