If a pipe busts in your house, you should be able to shut your water off in less than 30 seconds.
Why it matters: We know how destructive water can be and the less water you have to deal with the better.
- When water soaks into certain building materials — like insulation or carpet pad — it may not dry on its own.
- Remember — If it can’t dry, it’s gonna die!
📝 What to do next: Locate your shut off valve and make sure you and everyone in your household know how to access it.
- Don’t rely on the valve at the water meter.
- You need a conveniently located quarter turn valve, so you can turn the water off quickly.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Need a shut off valve installed? Reach out to my friend Mai at NTX Plumbing 972-836-9740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.