Today’s focus is on the Philips Hue premium lighting system.
Why it matters: If you’re willing to make the investment, Philips offers the largest eco system of lighting products with superb light quality and multiple options for easy automation.
- You can start small and grow your system over time.
🖼️ The big picture: Adding smart outdoor lighting to your home not only adds beauty, but it also helps you create a more safe and secure space.
- Light up dark corners of your property to deter intruders.
- Light up walkways to avoid tripping hazards.
- Light up landscaping and architectural features to enjoy your environment.
🔬 Zoom in: Outdoor lighting belongs in several categories.
👉 Wall mounted lights
- Any wired outdoor light can be replaced by a decorative porch light, an accent light or a smart flood light.
👉 Spot lights
- Low voltage spotlights are excellent choices for up lighting on walls or trees.
👉 Pathway lights
- Low voltage pathway lights define safe walkways on your property.
👉 String lights
- Philip’s limited release Festavia string lights will take your outdoor and indoor holiday lighting to another level.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Visit the Philips Hue store for ideas. I usually buy from Amazon, but Philips Hue direct sometimes has better deals.
- To take full advantage of all Philips Hue has to offer, you’ll want to add a bridge and incorporate your favorite digital assistant.