Today I’m starting a short series on outdoor lighting.
- The outdoor decorating season has begun … whether you find that exciting or annoying. 😁
Why it matters: Outdoor lighting is about more than decoration and beauty.
- Outdoor lights increase your home’s safety and security.
🖼️ The big picture: With so many low voltage and low wattage options, the cost to run your lights is almost a non-issue.
Let’s look at the main factors you should consider.
👉 Upfront cost
- Before you get too excited about the options we’ll look at over the next few days, think about your budget.
- You can have a really nice setup for less than $500.
- Or you can spend several thousand (or more) on a premium setup.
- Is it enough for you to have basic programming that is triggered by sunrise/sunset or a timer?
- Or do you want smart control with endless scenarios you can trigger from your phone or voice assistant or through automation?
👉 White vs. color ambiance
- White lights can check all the important boxes for you — safety, security and beauty.
- We’ll get into the different types of whites another day.
- Color ambiance lights can do everything the white lights can do and can seamlessly flow with your holiday decor.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Send me your questions about outdoor lighting, so I can make sure and cover that for you.