After getting down to the studs behind my dishwasher, I got to work air sealing.
Why it matters: Air, moisture, heat and pests all need a pathway to get in the house.
⚙️ How it works: Blocking the air pathway can be accomplished with several methods.
👉 Start with rigid material for larger gaps
- Plywood, OSB, Zip Board and drywall can work
- I used rigid foam board that has higher insulation value
👉 Use spray foam for oddly shaped and hard to reach areas
- I like Fireblock since it can be used near electrical wires
👉 Use tape for long cracks
- Zip flashing tape works great for this
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Do you have areas in the house where you could be leaking air?
- Feel free to email me for ideas on how to air seal it.