In case you missed it, the subject line is a quote from the original Ghostbusters. 😉
- I’m wrapping up my “Ghost behind the dishwasher” series with some general concepts and a final show-and-tell.
- Click here for Part 1, here for part 2.
Why it matters: Anytime you have work done on your house and an exterior wall is involved, use the opportunity to make sure that area is air sealed and well insulated.
🥊 The bottom line: Good air sealing + insulation are essential for managing the 4 control layers of your building enclosure.
- The 4 layers — water, air, vapor and thermal
👇 See below for tips
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Batt insulation needs to be fluffy and continuous — cut insulation to bury wires and pipes in the insulation and make sure the insulation has no gaps at the top, bottom, sides and corners.
- Junction boxes, electrical outlets and light switches are all leaky — after running the wires, use a fire rated foam to seal all the holes.