Let’s talk about our electricity bills using a water analogy.
- Everyone with a swimming pool is experiencing this right now!
During the hottest months, you have to add water to your pool—maybe every day.
🥊 Reality check: You need to know if you have a LEAK or if you’re just losing water by evaporation.
- If you have a leak, you fix it.
- If it’s just evaporation, you keep adding water and pray for cooler weather.
🔎 Between the lines: We should think about high electricity bills the same way.
- Instead, we usually do one of three things:
👉 Try to use less by turning up the thermostat or turning off lights or unplugging vampires.
🧛 Vampires are loads that drain electricity all the time like televisions or small appliances.
👉 Try to find a cheaper rate.
👉 Install solar so we’re generating our own electricity at a better price.
All three of those can be good options.
📣 The best place to start is by finding and plugging the holes in your house.
- Yes, your house has more holes in it than you realize.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- I can find the holes in your bucket.
- We can start with a free video call you can schedule here: Click to schedule.
- See how I do it, here: Home Performance Testing