When I asked Francisco how he repaired the leather seat in my wife’s car, here’s how he explained it:
- I use this material, heat it with this, use this aluminum block … and add “a little magic.” 😉
Why it matters: If you have leather seats that are damaged or cracking, a repair can make them like-new!
- And prevent them from getting worse.
⛏️ Dig deeper: Francisco taught me a few important things about the “leather” seats.
- Starting with the fact that the whole seat isn’t leather —> only the center of the seat is leather.
- The side bolster is vinyl.
- The foam under the vinyl is breaking down from the wear and tear of getting in and out of the driver’s seat.
- The break down of the foam makes the vinyl more susceptible to cracking! 🤦
🥊 Reality check: Francisco also broke it to us that the “Napa leather” that’s included in Subaru’s Touring package isn’t really Napa leather.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- If you need a repair on your car interior or furniture, reach out to Francisco at Dallas Leather Reconditioning Specialist.