From schlepping ice and Gatorade to serving pizzas, Bob and Elise made my guys feel appreciated and valued as they were roofing in 100 degree + weather.
- It was a re-roof and redeck for 8,500 square feet of roof — so it took 4 days!
Why it matters: It’s easy for homeowners and neighbors to get frustrated and annoyed when construction disrupts the normal flow of life.
- Spending time and effort to thank the guys for their work is a way to honor them.
🖼️ The big picture: I get it. I’ve been the irritated neighbor trying to sleep in to the sound of lawn mowers and weed eaters.
- But the men who do this kind of work are some of the most noble people you’ll ever meet.
- They care about the same things you do. They’re willing to make sacrifices to give their kids a better life.
If you’re still with me … please know that I’m writing from a place of humility.
- It’s only in the last 6 years in my business that I’ve truly come to appreciate these guys.
And I still need to be reminded at times … to be more like Bob and Elise.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- If you have the opportunity to provide drinks, snacks or a meal for people working at your house (or even your next door neighbor!), you’ll be glad you did.