One of the best ways to stay in-the-know on topics that matter to you is by using Google alerts.
Why it matters: The more the content we see online is controlled by algorithms, the less control we have.
🔬 Zoom in: One thing I’m interested in is my home lighting system which is based on the gorgeous lighting products in the Philips Hue line.
- By setting a Google alert for Philips Hue, I get a daily email summary of blogs, press releases, etc.
⚙️ How it works: Go to https://www.google.com/alerts (you’ll need to login with a Google account if not logged in already).
- Enter a topic you want to monitor in the search bar.
- Edit the criteria — including how often you want the alerts and the types of sources you want to monitor.
- When you get the email summary, click “Flag as irrelevant” as needed to refine the criteria.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- What’s an area of concern or interest regarding your home?
- Create a Google alert and see if it’s helpful.