It’s never been easier to keep up with your keys, your luggage … really anything!
Why it matters: For $25-50 you can pair a reliable tracking device with important items.
🥊 Reality check: This incredible story about a mom who used an Apple AirTag to overcome the airline’s incompetence is the wake up call I needed to purchase my first AirTags … about 5 minutes ago! 😀
🛄 While at the Denver airport, Sandra Schuster knew the exact location of her daughter’s lost bag — which was still in Chicago.
- The story contains one mistake after another and ends with Schuster taking it upon herself to fly back to Chicago to retrieve the bag.
⚙️ How it works: The trackers use Bluetooth to connect to other devices with Bluetooth using an anonymous and encrypted signal.
- For example, Apple AirTag’s use the same Find My network that allows you to locate your misplaced phone.
- The trackers also have built in speakers you can trigger to help you find your item.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Choose the right tracker for your needs and secure those items you tend to lose (like keys) or that are out of your control (like luggage).
👉 An Apple AirTag 4 pack is a great start for folks with iPhones.
- AirTags need to be within 200 feet of a signal and have a replaceable battery.
👉 Samsung Galaxy SmartTags do the same thing for Samsung users.
- They can also be used to set up home automations with items in the Samsung SmartThings ecosystem.
👉 Tile Pro has double the range of Samsung and Apple, is water resistant and works with any smartphone.
- It’s a little larger than the others — but also has a larger speaker to help you find it.