🐝 How your B is covered

Coverage B on a homeowner’s insurance policy covers “other structures.”

  • Fence, detached garage, gazebo, guest house, etc.

Why it matters: I’m helping a homeowner right now who’s detached garage was hit by a stolen truck.

  • The damage to the garage exceeds the amount of coverage, so insurance cannot pay the full amount for the repairs.

⚙️ How it works: On most insurance policies, coverage B is equal to 10% of coverage A. Coverage A is for your main dwelling.

  • If your house is insured for $500,000, you would have $50,000 for other structures.
  • If you need more coverage for other structures, you’ll need to find an insurer who offers that.

✅ For your Smart Homeowner list

  • Make sure you know your coverage and review with your agent.
  • Need someone to review your coverage with you? You can schedule a time with my friend Jason Olson at The Phoenix Insurance.



Posted in
Scroll to Top