Coverage B on a homeowner’s insurance policy covers “other structures.”
- Fence, detached garage, gazebo, guest house, etc.
Why it matters: I’m helping a homeowner right now who’s detached garage was hit by a stolen truck.
- The damage to the garage exceeds the amount of coverage, so insurance cannot pay the full amount for the repairs.
⚙️ How it works: On most insurance policies, coverage B is equal to 10% of coverage A. Coverage A is for your main dwelling.
- If your house is insured for $500,000, you would have $50,000 for other structures.
- If you need more coverage for other structures, you’ll need to find an insurer who offers that.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Make sure you know your coverage and review with your agent.
- Need someone to review your coverage with you? You can schedule a time with my friend Jason Olson at The Phoenix Insurance.