When you think about it, there are 5 major parts of the Texas Electricity Market.
- ERCOT managing the stability of the grid.
- Power generators generating the electricity.
- Utility companies that transmit and distribute electricity.
- Retail electric providers who manage the consumers of electricity (residential and commercial).
- And you!
Why it matters: Knowing what power you have and don’t have shows you where you can direct your energy.
- We don’t have choices when it comes ERCOT, the power generators or our utility (TDU).
- Yesterday I highlighted some things to consider where you might have a choice —> your retail provider.
🔬 Zoom in: Today and tomorrow, we’ll look at what else you can do.
👉 Focus on these 2 priorities.
- Air seal + insulate
- Plan for backup power
⛏️ Dig deeper Click here to read the series on this called “Ready your envelope.”
🥁 I continue to bang the drum about air sealing because it is the
- MOST IMPORTANT
- LEAST EXPENSIVE
- LASTING CHANGE
- YOU CAN MAKE!
🙏 I promise I’m not shouting AT you. I’m just shouting!
- Because builders, electricians, plumbers, HVAC and insulation contractors are not doing this.
- I speak from experience — because I remodeled my own house three years ago and FAILED to do these things — because I didn’t know. But now I know. 😬
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Please let me know how I can help you navigate these things.
- One purpose for this daily email is to raise the standards. We all deserve better.