For the past 2 weeks, I’ve been writing a lot about improving your building envelope (floor, ceiling and 4 walls) by making it air tight and insulating.
🖼️ The big picture: Your home is your shelter. Controlling the conditions inside is critical for your comfort and even survival.
- An air tight, insulated home is easier to control.
🥾 Let’s step back and focus on another critical component.
- “Everything starts with a good foundation” is the tag line of my favorite foundation experts at FCS.
⏳ Now is a great time to have your foundation inspected for issues.
- The extreme heat helps expose issues with slab foundations.
- The little bit of rain helps expose pier and beam issues —> if you have moisture in your crawl space now, you need a drainage solution.
🔗 Foundation issues and gutters go together.
- Rain water is not the solution for keeping your slab from cracking. That’s an irrigation issue.
- Controlling water with the right gutter and drainage solution protects your soil from eroding away from your slab and keeps most moisture out of crawl spaces.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Foundation issues only get worse over time. The sooner you deal with them, the less it costs.
🔦 Pro Spotlight
👉 Drew from the The Brothers That Just Do Gutters can give you a professional assessment and solution.
👉 Rodrigo from Foundation and Concrete Services will do a free inspection and review your options with you.