Effective January 1, 2023, the SEER rating standard for an air conditioner’s efficiency is being replaced by SEER2.
Why it matters: The new system results in a more accurate but slightly lower number.
👂 Let’s hear from comfort specialist Daniel Fisher for more —>
Think “honest gas milage”
👉 You know how the sticker on your car says you should get 40 mpg but you are really getting 27?
- And you wonder how they come up with that number?
🥊 Reality check: It was the same with air conditioners.
- Now, they have to give you an honest rating of its efficiency.
⛏️ Dig deeper
- SEER start in 1992 and has had changing standards throughout its lifespan
- SEER2 was released as a more accurate display of average energy usage
- SEER was created in lab settings
- SEER2 was created in real-world scenarios
🙌 Most SEER2 systems now qualify for ONCOR incentives of up to $3200 per system!
- Less than half of SEER rated systems qualified
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Time to replace and/or upgrade your HVAC?
- Daniel is an ONCOR certified contractor who will give you the info you need to make a smart decision for your home. Call/text 214-850-4801