Click here to read the intro to this series.
Let’s dive into understanding your building envelope.
Why it matters: Your home is a system consisting of 2 primary components.
- The building envelope + the mechanical systems (HVAC)
🥊 The bottom line: The tighter your building envelope, the more control you have over the conditions inside.
⛏️ Dig deeper: Over the next few emails, we will explore the following:
- Overview of air sealing and insulation
- How to evaluate the tightness of your home
- How to improve the tightness of your home
- What to do after tightening your home
- When to add more insulation
- When more insulation can create a problem
🖼️ The big picture: Improving your building envelope with air sealing and insulation helps you maintain the temperature conditions in your home LONGER.
- Creating a more comfortable and resilient home
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Email me your questions about this topic, and we can get as specific as you’d like.