Click here to read the intro to this series.
In the event of a long power outage, you need to be prepared with the right food supplies.
Why it matters: Stocking food that does not require refrigeration, cooking, water or special preparation can get you through multiple days.
- Don’t forget a manual can opener and eating utensils.
⛏️ Dig deeper Check out this info at Ready.gov
Ready suggests the following for your emergency food supplies:
- Store a several-day supply of non-perishable food.
- Choose foods your family will eat.
- Remember any special dietary needs.
👨👧👦 Need an activity for the kids this summer?
- Ready Kids has resources to help make emergency preparedness fun and educational.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- I’m reminded of another gem from Stephen Covey and his 4 quadrants.
- Quadrant 2 is about prioritizing things that are important but not urgent.
- Emergency preparedness lives in quadrant 2. 😁