Click here to read the intro to this series.
Access to drinkable water is the first priority for emergency preparedness.
Why it matters: FEMA recommends one gallon per day per person in your household.
- For at least 3 days.
📝 Consider your options
👉 Store drinking water
- Bottled water is a good option —> a $4 case of 24 16.9 oz water bottles is just over 3 gallons
- These 5 to 30 gallon containers are a great option if you have adequate room for storage.
👉 Filter drinking water
- The Outback Gravity Water Filter can filter 12 gallons of water per day and is used by the International Red Cross.
- The LifeStraw is a compact filter you can use on the go —> also perfect for camping and hiking.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Consider the best water strategy for you and your family.