My wife asked me this morning about the timing for doing laundry.
- She saw a notice from our electric provider about possible grid issues during this heat advisory.
Why it matters: We will see the grid pushed to it’s capacity more than once this summer.
⚙️ How it works: Since I have solar and a battery, I have options.
- On a sunny day, my solar is producing more electricity than I use.
- So I’m sending electricity back to the grid.
- We can use what we need — even if we’re doing laundry — and still send electricity to the grid.
✋ But wait, there’s more!
- I ran a test at 4:00pm and switched my system to “off grid mode.”
- Not even a light bulb flickered!
- If you had been inside my house at that moment, you would have no idea we were running INDEPENDENT of the electric grid.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Is resilience an option for you?
- Let’s find out!