A one time investment in air sealing and insulating your home will reduce your energy consumption, saving you money.
- Year after year after year.
Why it matters: A small investment now can yield significant results for the long haul.
🔦 Pro Spotlight Cody Bridwell of Blown Away Insulation is approaching this the right way.
- Cody and I agree on the best way to make a difference for home owners —> air seal first, then insulate.
🧮 By the numbers: A recent client of Cody’s saw an immediate 20+% reduction in energy usage after having old insulation removed, air sealing and blowing in new insulation.
Here’s a conservative breakdown:
- If you spent $3,000 for that job
- And you normally use 24,000 kWh/year
- A 20 percent reduction saves you 4,800 kWh/year
- If you pay 12 cents/kWh
- You cut $576 from your costs in year 1
- That’s 19% of the $3,000 you spent
🥊 The bottom line: As the price of electricity goes up, the savings grows.
- At 20 cents/kWh, you would be saving almost $1,000 per year.
📣 Good news! Air sealing also improves your indoor air quality and gives you more control over temperature and humidity in your house.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- The best way to know IF you need air sealing and WHERE you need it is to do Home Performance Testing.
- Reach out to me to find out the right solution for your home.