You can tighten your building envelope by air sealing your house.
- That’s the first step toward controlling temperature, humidity and air quality.
🔎 Between the lines: Measuring the leakiness of your house gives you the knowledge you need to make changes.
👉 You can know how leaky your house is compared to current new construction standards.
👉 You can see exactly where your house is leaking.
👉 You can verify the effectiveness of air sealing by measuring after sealing is done.
⚙️ How it works: We use a special fan and computer to depressurize the house.
- And measure how much air the fan has to move to maintain that pressure.
🥁 Introducing: The Blower Door
- A blower door score is expressed in ACH50 —> new construction homes should have a score of 3 ACH50 or less.
- ACH50 = Air Changes per Hour at 50 pascals.
- In other words – with that pressure difference between inside and outside your house, the air inside the house would be replaced 3 times if your blower door score is 3.
🧠 Think about it like this
- If you added up all the little leaks in your house
- You could compare it to a single hole in the side of your house
😬 My leaky old house has a hole in it the size of soccer ball!
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Would a blower door test be helpful for you?
- I’m offering a free 20 minute video call so you can explore your options.
- Schedule a Home Performance & Energy Consult