Turns out my HVAC problem last week was a blown compressor.
- From a quick power surge from the grid. Goodbye $2,000 😢
Why it matters: A surge can damage anything in your house that’s plugged in or hard wired.
🥊 Reality check: A whole home surge protector on your main electrical panel can protect you.
- I’m installing this one that I got for $400.
- It includes $25,000 insurance in the event the device fails.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- You can DIY if you know what you’re doing.
- Or reach out to my friend Kendall at HOMR and she can find a licensed electrician for you — 972-794-1081.