👫 My wife and I filled a box with hazardous waste and dropped it off at a collection center.
- Our collection included old cans of paint, a half-full bottle of antifreeze and some old fluorescent light bulbs.
Why it matter: Some items cannot be safely discarded in the regular trash, recycle bin or bulk trash.
🖼️ The big picture: Safe disposal reduces risk for people in your home — that can occur through direct contact or through harmful chemicals that get into the air.
- Throwing them in the regular trash can pollute the water we drink and the air we breathe.
⚙️ How it works: Examine labels to see if items require special disposal.
- Look for words like WARNING, CAUTION, DANGER
- Flammable, Volatile, Toxic, Corrosive, Caustic, Reactive, Poison, Contains Phosphates, Eye Irritant, Harmful if Swallowed, Do Not Mix, Wear Rubber Gloves.
📝 Check out this list and get rid of items you no longer need.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Your county should provide a method for free disposal.
- Dallas County offers this service to all residents.
- For your non-hazardous materials let Andrew from The Junk Luggers give you a quote to take care of it for you.