At the time of this writing, the City of Dallas is still working to contain a ransomware attack it suffered Wednesday.
Why it matters: Some city services temporarily shut down, including the courts and Dallas Water Utilities billing department.
- Read more details about the attack and cyber terrorist group “Royal” here.
🖼️ The big picture: Individuals are not likely to be targets of a sophisticated attack like this.
- BUT learning best practices for cyber protection for yourself and your family is critical.
🔬 Zoom in: Here are 3 key areas to consider:
👉 Password managers help you maintain unique and secure passwords for EVERY account.
👉 Phishing schemes are on the rise and we need greater awareness.
- Think before you click! Read more here
👉 Use 2FA.
- Set up 2 factor authentication for your most important accounts.
- Receiving a code via call or text is good.
- Using an authenticator app is better. (Search your app store of choice for Google Authenticator or Authy)
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Please take this seriously friends — various forms of cyber crime are increasing.