You can stop receiving the majority of junk mail with a few easy steps.
Why it matters: Unsolicited catalogfs and credit card offers create clutter and can increase your exposure to identity theft.
⚙️ How it works: Use these free or low cost options for the following:
👉 Credit and insurance offers
- OptOutPrescreen.com is the official service for opting out of the lists Consumer Credit Reporting Companies sell — for 5 years or permanently.
👉 Catalogs and other junk mail
- Catalogchoice.org is a non-profit working to reduce waste and clutter. Create a free account and search for specific catalogs with an opt-out.
- DMAchoice.org charges a $4 one time administrative fee to register you for a junk mail supression service.
👉 Opt-out for the deceased or as a caretaker
- DMAchoice.org offers this service for free.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Make sure you ALWAYS shred credit card and insurance offers.
- If you haven’t already, install a locking mail box like this one or this one to reduce your risk for mail theft.