Huge savings are available for air-source heat pumps when you combine federal tax credits and local rebates.
Why it matters: Rebates from Oncor are available now and as long as the fund still has money.
- Rebates vary by utility provider.
🙋♂️ Excuse me … what’s a heat pump?
- I’ll answer that, but first … 😃
🤓 Here’s a deeper dive for my fellows nerds.
🥊 The bottom line: Installing the right size air-source heat pump will create a more comfortable and healthy living space for you and your family … and cost way less to operate. (Jump to the bottom for my recommendations.)
👉 A heat pump heats and cools by moving the heat in the air from one place to another.
- To cool your home, it pulls heat from inside air and moves it outside.
- To heat your home, it pulls heat from outdoor air and moves it inside.
🙋♂️ What if it’s really cold outside?
- Incredibly, the latest heat pumps can still pull enough heat from the air to heat your home …
- Even when it gets down to single digit temperatures Fahrenheit!
👉 Backup heat is also available in some models.
- Duel fuel models use gas to generate heat when temps get too low.
- Other models have electric coils (like a toaster) that kick on at certain temps.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- DO NOT buy any new HVAC equipment unless your contractor does a Manual J calculation to SIZE YOUR SYSTEM.
- Many of us have TWICE the AC that we need (IOW … you didn’t need a 4 ton, you needed a properly configured 2 ton)
- Call/text/email Daniel Fisher and he will do it right —> 214-850-4801, email@example.com.