Upcycling is the process of reusing an object or material in a way that creates a higher value or quality than the original.
Why it matters: Instead of discarding or recycling, you can put some items to good use.
🤔 Glass jars can be used in lots of creative ways.
- From organizing items in cabinets or the garage.
- To storing and transporting food.
- To using in for decorative projects.
🔬 Zoom in: To clean and prepare jars for a new use.
- Hot soapy water is your friend!
- Soak in hot soapy water overnight to help get labels off and loosen residue inside the jar.
⚙️ Pro hack: Baking soda can help with stubborn labels and with smells.
- To remove labels, make a paste of equal parts baking soda and olive oil —> spread on the jar, let sit for 30 minutes and then use a plastic scraper.
- To deal with odors, stir baking soda into hot water and leave in the jar with the lid on for several days.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Have some fun with upcycling … and email me your favorite ideas.
P.S. In honor of Jar Jar Binks and this special day … May the Fourth Be With You! 😀