Are you the ultimate DIY’er or do you hire out all your home maintenance and repairs?
🔭 Zoom out: Changing your approach for your next project can help you grow in knowledge, skill and appreciation.
💡 2 ideas for you:
👉 If you usually hire out your lawn service, try de-thatching – removing the dead grass undercoat – to give your lawn a healthy start to the season.
- You can use a thatch rake or any rake with stiff enough tines.
- For best results ask your lawn service to bag the grass next time and then de-thatch within a few days.
- The root system will get better air and water and then you can fertilize in a few weeks.
👉 If you usually DIY your painting, hire a pro who will let you shadow their prep work.
- A good paint job is all about the prep — and the best pros do a fantastic job.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Whether you hire out your next project or DIY, one of the keys to enjoying your home (maintenance issues and all) is to practice gratitude.
- Did you do it yourself? Way to go!
- Did you hire a pro? Build them up with a nice cash tip at the end! 😁