Valuable trees die every year due to lack of prep before construction projects.
Why it matters: If your remodel project involves heavy equipment, an arborist can help you plan to protect your trees.
- To avoid soil compaction that causes trees to die after the work is finished.
📝 Here are some of Tim’s tips:
- Fence off drip line and put 4-6” thick mulch beneath to reduce soil compaction and erosion.
- Apply Short-Stop SC (plant growth regulator by Arborjet): This changes how the tree grows and makes it more resilient to stress caused by construction.
- Inject TreeAge insecticide (product by Arborjet): this stays in the tree up to 2 years and wards off insects and other pests that may be attracted to a tree that is wounded or stressed.
📣 Post construction: Have the yard aerated to allow soil around drip line to breathe better.
- Can also be done post-construction if the above items were neglected prior to the job.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Friends don’t let friends lose their mature trees due to lack of planning for a construction project. 😉
- Get a great arborist on your team!
🔦 Pro Spotlight
Tim Waswick is a certified arborist who can help you care for and preserve your trees. Call/text Tim at 972-822-8317. Visit Aspen Tree Service to learn more.