Every week I’m doing damage control with homeowners who are thinking about solar — or who went solar and regret it.
Why it matters: Solar works — IF it’s right for your home and IF it fits your financial situation.
- I have solar on my home and have many happy customers.
🥊 Reality check: Slick salespeople use 3 BIG lies to confuse people. Here’s the truth:
- You will still have an electric bill.
- It could be really small but in MOST cases, you’ll still have a bill.
- You might not qualify for the tax credit.
- If you don’t pay enough in taxes, you won’t get the credit.
- The tax credit is not “fun money.”
- If you finance solar, you have to send the tax credit money to the solar lender OR your monthly payment WILL GO UP (in most cases).
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- If you or someone you care about is thinking about going solar — schedule a 15 minute call with me and let’s untangle the confusion.
P.S. I would rather you not go solar than go solar and regret it.