Do a walk around and make sure everything is okay.
Why it matters: According to your homeowner’s insurance, timely mitigation is your responsibility.
- If waiting to make repairs leads to further damage, the cost of additional repairs might not be covered.
👉 Should you file a claim? Unless you see significant damage, you don’t need to call your insurance company right away.
- Instead, call the right professional to assess the damage and perform necessary mitigation.
- Keep all receipts and keep track of any time you spend cleaning up in case you end up filing a claim.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Water damage —> If the storms created an opening and you have standing water, call a water restoration company like SERVPRO.
- Tree damage —> If you lost a large portion of a tree, use a certified arborist for the best chance of preserving the tree.
- Roof damage —> Walk around and observe your roof. If you see any missing shingles or find any in the yard, call a roofer for a full assessment.
🔦 Pro Spotlight
SERVPRO of Park Cities: Alison and her team will take great care of you. Call: 214-522-3000
Aspen Tree Service: Call Tim and get it done right. Call/Text: 972-822-8317
Roofing: I’m here for you! If you’re outside my service area, I have a great network of roofers I trust. Call/Text: 214-893-5959