With the new energy-efficient tax credits, payback on a new AC could be faster than you think.
Why it matters: Newer equipment can yield significant savings on energy cost.
- Deeper Dive: Here’s an in depth review of available tax credits.
The following is not tax advice. Please consult a tax expert to see if you qualify.
💡 What you need to know: Tax credits are dollar-for-dollar reductions in the tax you owe.
- If you paid enough in, you get a refund when you file.
- If you owe money, the tax credit reduces the amount you owe.
🔆 Solar, battery storage and geothermal heat pumps qualify for a 30% tax credit with no maximum.
- HVAC, insulation, air sealing, windows and doors, and home energy audits qualify with certain annual maximums.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- If you’re not sure where to start, a whole home energy audit makes a lot of sense.
- Hit reply to start a conversation about the best next steps for your home.