Fentanyl has become the worst offender in the leading cause of death for people under 40 —> accidental overdose.
- Which kills someone in the U.S. every 5 minutes.
🥊 Reality check: Fentanyl is being combined with every recreational drug from marijuana to molly and in black market prescription drugs like Percocet, Adderall and Xanax.
- Keeping a $50 dose of Narcan in your home could help you save someone’s life.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Purchase and learn to use Narcan — available without prescription at CVS or Walgreens.
- Have the awkward conversation with young people in your life.
- Unsuspecting kids are at risk — from friends offering something to “help you study” or “help you sleep” to vape pens laced with fentanyl.
P.S. Not a typical topic for the daily email. But I’ve been ignorant on this topic and felt urgency to get this message out.
Peter’s guest, Officer Anthony Hipolito, offered this scary reality, “Six out of every ten illicit counterfeit pills have enough fentanyl to kill somebody.”