Batteries with solar and standby generators have their own pros and cons.
Why it matters: Your solution should align with your goals.
💡 Understand the differences:
🥊 Generators are more powerful
- $10-15k on a generator will fully power most homes
- $10-15k on a battery will only power essentials (2-4x that for whole home backup)
⚡ Batteries are maintenance free
- With up to a 15 year warranty and no moving parts, they’re easy
- Generators have a 5 year warranty and require regular maintenance
🥊 Generators work in all conditions—as long as fuel is available.
- And can be pretty loud
🔆 Batteries only charge when the sun is shining.
- And they’re quiet
The bottom line: The most resilient homes have solar + batteries + a generator. 😎
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Schedule a call with me if you want to evaluate your options