Disability insurance is a tool to give you peace of mind and help you protect your most valuable asset.
Why it matters: 1 in 4 people will become disabled before age 67.
Financial advisor Forrest Patterson helps his clients plan for the unexpected:
🔭 Zoom out: What is your most valuable asset?
- People tend to think of their home or something they own.
💥 Your most valuable financial asset is YOU!
- Your ability to earn a living and achieve your goals for the future.
🔎 Between the lines: More than half of today’s workers do not have access to disability insurance through their employer.
- Many workplace group plans cover only a portion of your income – generally around 50-60%. In most cases benefits will be taxable.
🏦 Disability income insurance is a key part of a comprehensive financial plan.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Will your current financial plan allow you to stay in your home if you could no longer work in your same capacity?
- Take time to review your plan and consult with your financial advisor.