With thunderstorms in the forecast, plan to spend 20 minutes observing how your gutters are performing.
Why it matters: The best time to identify issues is when a lot of water is flowing.
- Faulty gutters can cause wood rot, roof leaks, pest problems and foundation issues.
👀 What to look for
- Front of the gutter — water overflowing
- Between the gutter and fascia — flowing or dripping water
- Downspouts — water NOT flowing
- Downspout into ground drain — water bubbling out
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- First solution is to make sure gutters are free of leaves and debris — DIY if you can do it safely
- Consider a professional gutter cleaning and tune up (recommendation below)
- Either now or the next time you change your gutters, upgrade your system with larger downspouts, larger gutters, gutter screens or all of the above.
🔦 Pro Spotlight
If you’re looking for a premier gutter contractor you can trust, contact Drew and his team at The Brothers Who Just Do Gutters .