Sealing gaps around windows and doors and all exterior joints is a necessary step before painting.
Why it matters: Gaps in the exterior let in moisture, air and pests.
🔬Zoom in: Let’s hear from our paint pro Andrey.
Did you ever wonder why painters use caulk during the exterior painting prep process?
- It’s crucial to have all window cases as well as door cases sealed with caulk to prevent small leaks that can turn into a big problem.
👉 Paintable caulk is recommended to achieve the best aesthetic appearance.
- I stay away from using silicone as it’s practically impossible to paint over.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- Make sure your windows and doors are sufficiently sealed and ready for the wet season.
- If you notice any cracks or gaps around windows and doors, address it ASAP.
- Don’t need exterior painting right now? You can still protect your home by sealing gaps.
🔦 Professional Spotlight
360 Painting of Dallas is a company you can trust to complete your project correctly, on time and on budget. Click the link above or call 460-640-6628 to explore your next project.