Winter power outages can leave us disconnected and in the dark.
Why it matters: During emergencies we want to keep phones charged and stay connected to loved ones.
Some options to think about:
💡 Rechargeable light bulbs — $30 for 4.
- Don’t just rely on flashlights — especially your phone light! Spread these out strategically in lamp or ceiling fixtures for 4-5 hours of light.
⚡ Refrigerator surge protection — $35.
- As our fridges get more techy, they need protection from voltage spikes.
- Keep the fridge closed during an outage. FDA says food is fine for 4 hours.
🔋 Battery backup your WiFi — $130. (Costco price is crazy! Amazon price is +$70)
- Keep your phones charged and your WiFi running.
- It’s all in how you use it. This unit can power your router for hours and give you a couple phone charges — as long as you don’t try to power too many other things.
✅ For your Smart Homeowner list
- What’s your emergency plan during an outage?
- Take time this week to prepare the people in your household.